10 FASHION TIPS AND TRICKS EVERY GIRL SHOULD KNOW
1. “For guaranteed weight loss, I advise people to follow my A, B, C’s – no Alcohol, Bread or processed Carbs.”
—David Kirsch, celebrity trainer and fitness guru.
2. To prevent clothing from wrinkling in a suitcase, fold everything in plastic dry cleaning bags.
3. If you can’t fit two fingers underneath your bra band comfortably, it’s probably too tight.
4. Pile on good accessories—scarves, sunglasses, hats, statement jewelry—to instantly transform even the most basic outfit.
5. Confused about laundry settings? Remember this: The hotter the water, the cleaner the clothing will be. While warm water is fine for most clothes, linens and dirty white clothing are best washed in hot water to remove germs and heavy soil. Cold water is usually used for delicates.
6. A structured hat should rest about 1/8 to a 1/2-inch above the ears.
7. After a shower, use your hairdryer to de-mist bathroom mirrors in seconds.
8. A good tip when cleaning out your closet: Ask a friend whose style you admire to come over and help. She/he might offer new insight on how to wear certain items before you toss them.
9. It might sound “budget,” but a hot glue gun works amazingly well to hem skirts, pants and even jeans in a pinch.
10. Looking for uses for all the single socks you’ve amassed while doing laundry? When you’ve got aches or pains, fill a sock with dry beans or rice and pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Voila, an instant (and free) heating pad.